Saturday, February 26, 2011

Thank You

If you check my blog anywhere near as often as my mother you will have noticed that I removed my last "financial update" post. I felt that was necessary because the information contained in it has become grossly inaccurate over the last few days.
I believe I speak truly when I say that one of the greatest joys of the last six months has been seeing how God has provided a network of support for me when I needed it most. I already knew that you were all great people but I have really seen God shining through you in the last few months. I've been learning a lot about family through this journey and the fact that when Jesus died on the cross He restored right relationship not only with our Father but also with each other. It's amazing to see that when God called me out to do something new He provided every bit of support that I would need along the way. (Often "just in the nick of time".) I truly could not have done this without all your prayers and support. I was so spiritually protected and covered even in some of the intensely oppressive environments that I was in. I cannot thank you enough for your intercession on my behalf. You have aligned yourself with the heart of Jesus by praying and petitioning on my behalf. (I've been learning a lot more about intercession as well. Mind blowing stuff that.) Jesus said that if you receive a prophet because he is a prophet then you will receive a prophet's reward. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that if you have supported this poor, young "missionary" through these foundational steps in his journey then you are certainly entitled to your reward. With all that is in me I thank you and bless you. Your obedience to God is inspiring to me. Truly.

These last two weeks after outreach have been difficult. I've felt a bit like Elijah coming down off the mountain at times. (Though to a lesser degree on both ends, obviously.) Today is one of the first days that I can truly say that I am excited for what God has next. I still don't necessarily know what that is... but hope is rising out of the weariness. His mercies are new every morning.

Thank you for standing with me. I think it was C.S. Lewis who said something along the lines of "if I have seen farther than the rest it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants."

"For if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward."

No comments:

Post a Comment